|www.BedandBreakfast-Directory.co.uk - The Bed and Breakfast Directory.|
Home > England > Suffolk > Nr Southwold
Formerly a Village Inn the property has been converted by it's present owners, John and Margaret Benson, to include three comfortable ground floor en-suite bedrooms.
|The Brampton Dog, built circ 1800, was a familiar landmark in the district and was the sole public house in the village. At one time owned by the lord of the manor, the premises were acquired in 1928 by Adnams & Company, the Southwold brewers. White's Directory notes that the landlord in 1844 was John Cleveland. He must have provided a very useful service as his occupations were given as being both victualler and veterinary surgeon.
Guests are accommodated in their own ground floor double or twin en-suite bedroom with tea and coffee making facilities.
The rooms are also equipped with television and hair dryer. Breakfast is served in the breakfast room in the main building and the snug bar has been retained as a bar/lounge for the use of guests.