|The Merchants House Guest House and Licensed Restaurant is situated on the shore of Loch Ryan, approximately ½ mile north of the P&O ferry terminal in Cairnryan. The Merchants House is a traditional property, situated on the A77 in the original part of the village, which dates back to 1701. Over the years, the Merchants House has been the village shop and post office, an antique shop and a tearoom. Today, we have a 20-cover restaurant and a coffee shop/bar on the ground floor. We have three well appointed and comfortable letting bedrooms on the first floor, 2 family rooms with en-suite facilities overlooking Loch Ryan and a further double room with shared bathroom overlooking the garden. We have a very varied menu of freshly prepared, home cooked meals, which are served in our licensed restaurant. Our bar and coffee shop compliment the restaurant offering weary travellers a place to enjoy a cup of coffee or an alcoholic beverage. A wide range of snacks, baking etc are also available in the coffee shop. The Merchants House is open 6 days a week (Wed - Mon) from noon until late. The Merchants House has been under the same ownership since 1996.