Cottage style bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation in open countryside in private tree lined grounds with beautiful panoramic views overlooking Stanhope and the Durham Dales.
We created the bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation as a location for a relaxing country break in a tranquil environment with a quiet, comfortable nights sleep, yet conveniently located for the centre of Stanhope (1.4 miles), the C2C Cycle Route, local amenities, and a 15 minute walk to the nearest pub.
A perfect place for starting walking and cycling holidays or for discovering Stanhope and the Durham Dales. For more information on things to do in Stanhope and the Durham Dales please visit our website, or the tourist information centre in Stanhope.
All five B&B rooms are en-suite and located in a barn conversion detached from the house providing guests with their own privacy and freedom to come and go as they please.
- Twin, double and triple rooms.
- Four poster bed.
- One twin room with level access and walk-in shower.
- All rooms include a TV, sofa or chairs, tea/coffee making facilities.
- Wi-Fi internet is available in the breakfast room. We are also a BT Fon Hotspot.
- Large private car park.
- Free fishing at our B&B’s small carp pond. Four pegs.
- Covered and open sitting areas with beautiful views. BBQ hire.
- Secure cycle storage. Cycle washing facilities.
- Continental Breakfast.
- We do not accommodate children less than 14 yrs of age.
- No pets.
For further details on our bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation, including photographs of our Stanhope location, and information on how to find us by road or from the Coast to Coast Cycle Route, please view our website.
- Nominated in the RICS North East Renaissance Awards.
- Commendation for accessibility from Durham County Council.
- Wear Valley Disability Access Forum Ltd - 'the only accessible bed and breakfast accommodation not only in Weardale but the whole of the Wear Valley'. 14 February 2006.
- 'The rooms are a credit to you both with all the hard work, and are a very high standard. I would be very happy indeed to recommend them.' E. Fitzgerald.
- 'Thanks for making us very welcome and comfortable. The best bed and breakfast accommodation we have ever had.' - Peggy & Donald.