|Bed and breakfast and self catering accommodation in a 16 th century manor located near Valognes, Cherbourg and the d-day beaches. You will be welcome in this manor farm nestling in the country in a quiet environment.
A poplar alley leads to this impressive manor and its genuine farm buildings (cider-press and old arches).
Bed and Breakfast accomodation:
- An old spiral stone staircase leads to your bedroom on the 1 st and 2 nd floors. 5 very comfortable rooms are available (queen size beds, four poster bed) including 1 suite of 2 rooms, i.e. 15 pers.
The cottage :
A recently renovated 18th century charming cottage surrounded by the garden and the fields with 2 appartements suitable for 3 or 4 personns (total for all the cottage 7 personns).
GITE N°1 for 3 persons:
- on the ground floor living/dining room with sofas, large old fireplace (can't be used), a bar with basic cooking facilities ( microwave, fridge).
- On the first floor a large room with a queen size bed and a single bed. The bathroom is equipped with bath-tub, wash-hand basin, WC, wood floor in bamboo.
GITE N°2 for 4 persons:
- on the ground floor large living/dining room with sofas, large old fireplace (can't be used), tv, cd/dvd reader, Internet access, a bar with a full equiped kitchen ( microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer).
- On the first floor 2 large rooms with a queen size bed and 2 single beds. The bathroom is equipped with shower, wash-hand basin, WC, wood floor in bamboo
The central position of the Manor will enable you to visit a lot of interest places: "La cité de la mer" in Cherbourg, the Channel Islands, Jersey and Guernesey, the D-Day beaches and its monuments (Utah beach, Omaha beach, Sainte Mére l'Eglise).
The main building dates from the 16 th century, but the foundations are still older. Important renovations have been made during the 18 th century. Its setting dates from the Gallo-Roman period and Savigny was joined to the famous town of Alauma. The old Roman causeway of Cosedia borders the property.